under the general sponsorship of
Based on the proposal of the Central European Dressage (CED) Initiative becomes Donau Bohemia Trophy as of 2022 the status of a series for dressage riders with ambitions to compete on an international level within the whole central European region. In 2022 DBT will consist of qualification rounds in five organizing countries but will be open for riders from all CED countries. Currently are undergoing negotiations between CED and European equestrian federation to get an official recognition for the DBT series. The official sponsor of the 2022 DBT series is the company Thun 1794, the largest Czech porcelain manufacturer, renowned for its high quality and unique design based on 220-year tradition of porcelain production. This company will provide valuable prizes for one category in each qualification round and for all categories in the 2022 Finals.
I. Specific Regulations
- Donau – Bohemia Trophy 2022 is held under the patronage and supervision of the national equestrian federations of the five host countries (Austria, Hungary, Poland, Slovakia and the Czech Republic). It takes place according to the FEI Rules, however, the use of the dressage whip is allowed and all competitions are open.
- Donau – Bohemia Trophy consists of qualification competitions, if possible one in each country and the final competition.
|Date||Contact person |
E-mail / tel. number
|1. qualification||Austria |
|16 – 17 April||Elli Preimesberger|
+43 676 9234981
|2. qualification||Hungary Máriakálnok||30 April – 1 May||Anikó Losonczy|
+36 70 633 1316
|3. qualification||Poland |
|17 – 19 June||Piotr Czakanski|
+48 605 488 062
|4. qualification||Czech Republic |
Brno – Panská Lícha
|16 – 17 July||Lenka Sekaninová|
+420 603 268 628
|5. qualification||Slovakia |
|20 – 21 August||Zuzana Czajlik|
+421 903 834000
|16 – 18 September||Beata Dallos|
+36 30 961 4876
4. Competitions are held in five degrees of difficulty: A / L / M / S and GP. A separate ranking for ponies is in the category L
5. Dressage TESTS ARE RIDDEN (as amended) according to the up-to-date version in respective difficulty levels. SHEETS are written in English.
6. Each competition organizer is allowed to held additional open competitions apart from DONAU-BOHEMIA DRESSAGE TROPHY. These competitions and tests ridden need to be announced timely, right after the schedule approval. Records and their evaluation are carried out in the organizer’s language and in compliance with rules of the particular country. This is applicable also for the fees.
7. Within Donau Bohemia Trophy, both, horses and ponies can take part in all competitions. Horse age has to be in compliance with the FEI rules.
8. Starting fee, registration fee and stabling fee correspond with the price list of the particular country.
9. In the season 2022 there is no fee for the Trophy! However, it is necessary to let the organizer know before the first start in a DBT competition that the rider / horse pair intents to participate in a particular DBT category.
10. Organization. The persons responsible for meeting the regulations of respective national federations are as follows: Dr. Ilja Vietor – Austria and Slovakia; Mrs. Zsofia Dallos Hungary, Mgr. Lenka Sekaninová – Czech Republic, Mr. Daniel Karpinski – Poland. DEFINITE ENTRIES must be delivered at latest 10 days prior to the competition. Signing off after the deadline is possible only in accordance with the FEI rules.
11. Horses involved must have a valid equine influenza vaccination (maximum 6 months + 21 days old) and a Judges: Jury in all the competitions consists of at least 1 judge from a foreign DBT country; competitions are judged separately. The levels A (beginners) and L can be judged in the qualifier competitions with 2 judges. One on the short and one on the long side. If a judge has to cancel his confirmation he/she can be replaced by another judge of any nationality in accordance with the organizer.
12. Horses involved must have a valid equine influenza vaccination (maximum 6 months + 21 days old) and a negative Coggins test; in Czech Republic and Hungary not older than 1 year and in Slovakia 6 months.
- Qualification competitions and Finals
|Beginners-A||FEI Children preliminary competition A||FEI Children preliminary competition A||FEI Children preliminary competition A|
|L a) open b) ponies – same tests but separate ranking||FEI Children preliminary competition B||FEI Children team competition||FEI Children individual competition|
|M||FEI Juniors preliminary competition||FEI Juniors team competition||FEI Junior individual competition|
|S||FEI Young Riders preliminary competition||FEI Young Riders team competition (= Prix St-Georges)||FEI Young Riders individual competition|
|GP||FEI Intermediate II||FEI Intermediate II||FEI Grand Prix|
- Qualifications: There are five qualification competitions. Riders take points to the finals and 5 best results are added to the finals’ result on Sunday. Results have to be published after each event and the involved countries should be informed. If the organizer prefers to hold the competition only on 2 days, it is optional, but it should be announced on time.
- Only horse-riders combinations that never participated in competitions on the LM level or higher until the first qualifier are allowed to start in the qualifier competition in the “beginners class”
- Riders that have participated before in Grand Prix and horse-rider combinations that participated in competitions at the S level or higher cannot compete in A and L Trophies.
- The above-mentioned facts do not apply for open / national competitions.
- In accordance with the rules above each rider can start in 2 Trophy categories provided that each of the starts is carried out with a different horse.
- It is necessary to register to the next day’s competition by 19:00. The starting-lists should be prepared immediately afterwards. In the show office has to be at least one English speaking person at any time.
- Riders’ equipment has to be in compliance with applicable FEI rules. However the whip is permitted (length: 1.2 m; for ponies 1 m)
- Riders can only start with the horse that participated at least in one of the qualification competitions with the result of at least 1x 60%. The 5 best results of every rider at a respective level are added to the Final result. If two or more riders have same number of points decides the result from the finals on Sunday.
3 sets (for the 1, 2 and 3 place) of a “Thun 1794” porcelain service in one DBT category
3 sets (for the 1, 2 and 3 place) of a “Thun 1794” porcelain service in each DBT category